Chinmaya Mission Cleveland
Chinmaya Mission® was established in India in 1953 by devotees of the world-renowned Vedanta teacher, His Holiness Swami Chinmayananda. Under his guidance, these devotees formed the nucleus of a spiritual renaissance movement that now encompasses a wide range of spiritual, educational, and charitable activities, ennobling the lives of thousands in India and outside its borders. Administered by Central Chinmaya Mission Trust in Mumbai, India, the Mission is now headed by His Holiness Swami Tejomayananda.
Following the Vedic teacher-taught tradition (guru-shishya parampara), Chinmaya Mission makes available the ageless wisdom of Vedanta, the knowledge of the one Reality, and provides the tools to realize that wisdom in one’s life. “To give maximum happiness to the maximum number for the maximum time” is the tenet that drives Mission workers to uplift humanity beyond selfish and sectarian attitudes and activities. Each person’s gain is manifold: personal growth, heightened efficiency, contentment, and the ability to live with others in peace and harmony. For more information, see Chinmaya Mission: Transforming Lives.
There are over 300 Chinmaya Mission centers worldwide. The Mission’s various activities and projects include:
• Jnana Yajnas (Vedanta lecture series, seminars, workshops)
• Bala Vihar (Vedanta forum for children and youth)
• Yuva Kendra (Vedanta forum for university students and young professionals)
• Study Group (Vedanta forum for adults)
• Devi Group (Vedanta study and discussion forum for women)
• Spiritual Retreats and Camps
• Intensive Vedanta Courses (training for Chinmaya Mission’s order of monks, acharyas, and sevaks)
• Regional Centers
• Temples and Shrines
• Schools and Colleges
• Medical Services and Training
• Rural Village Development Projects
• Pitamaha Sadans (senior citizen homes)
• Management Courses and Services
• Research in Sanskrit and Indology
Chinmaya Mission Cleveland is a Satellite Center under Chinmaya Mission Pittsburgh.